Summer 2020 restart of Iyengar Yoga Classes
- Private or semi Private sessions can be arranged for 1-3 people.
- $75 for 90 min for a single session or $240 for a package of 4
- $50 for 60 min for a single session or $160 for a package of 4
- Group Classes will resume in July(max 4 people)(min 3people)
- Please check the schedule on the website for days and times,
- Fees $80 for the month.(4 weeks)
- Registration for classes or privates will be taken by email or phone. Paid for by email transfer prior or cash or cheque on the first day of class.
- Credit will be given for missed classes due to health concerns. Please let me know prior to class if you will be away.
New Studio Protocols June 2020 — Kindness = giving people Space.
Please Stay Home if:
- You have any symptoms such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, as well as symptoms of allergies.
- You or anyone in your direct circle develops Covid-19. Please let me know if this is the case. Communication is Crucial. Let us care for each other.
- If I or anyone close to me has shown any symptoms of any illness. I will cancel classes in this case.
Until Further Notice:
- Everyone must bring their own mat, strap and blankets or large towels. Only hard Studio props will be used in class. (metal chairs, plastic stools, etc)
- Please wear yoga attire and bring minimal extra clothes to the studio.
- Practice social distancing as you enter the studio. One person (or household) at a time will enter the foyer, organize shoes/keys etc. Please leave any water bottles in your bag/backpack in foyer.
- Place your mat in the areas indicated. (note attached photo to see spacing)
- We will not be moving around the studio during class. All props needed will be prepared prior to class.
- I will teach with only demos and verbal corrections. (no hands on corrections at this time)
- At the end of class, each student will leave the studio one at a time, put on shoes and leave the foyer before the next student leaves the studio.
- If you wish to visit with other students before and after class, please congregate outside and remember your safe distances.
Cleanliness is Key!
- Surfaces will be disinfected prior to class, including doorknobs, lights switches, metal chairs, plastic stools and the floor.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer to class. Use as often as you wish.
- Washroom open. Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Use a single use cotton towel for drying and to cover your hand as you exit without touching door handle. Place the used towel in the basket outside the washroom.
What happens in Iyengar Yoga Classes?
All our yoga classes are 90 minutes in length and no two classes are identical.
There is a theme each week. That theme and considering the level of the students will lead to a class that contains a combination of some or all of the following types of poses:
- Supine poses to develop Breath awareness and deep relaxation.
- Standing poses to increase mobility, strength and stamina
- Back extensions keep the spine youthful and lift our spirits.
- Forward bends and twists to increase health of spine and organic body
- Inverted poses for circulation and stress reduction
Iyengar Yoga Development Course:
Fall 2019 to Spring 2020
This is a course that goes beyond the regular class work. It is a class for students who are interested in developing a home practice and taking yoga into their life. Each 3 hour class includes an asana theme as well as exploring the other Eight limbs of Ashtanga Yoga.
A commitment of at least one regular class per week for the year is required, to provide the student with continuity and support.
Saturday dates for 2019- 2020. 9am – 12pm.
September 14, October 12, November 9, December 7, January 18, 2020, February 15, March 14, and April 18.
If you are interested Contact Marilyn for an application form.
Level 1 is a class recommended for beginners or those content to continue to work on mobility, stability and strength on the introductory syllabus.
Level 2 is a class for students ready to work with inversions and deeper work. It is highly recommended that students are beginning a regular home practice.
Level 3 is a challenging class for more experienced students ready to refine the art of yoga even further. There is regular work with inversions, balancings, twists as well as forward and back extensions. It is expected that students have a regular home practice. Teachers approval is required to attend this class.
Multi Level classes are designed around the needs of the students attending. Options for the various levels will be provided so all students are both challenged and safe.
The Gentle class is a class for people needing a less intense class, those recovering from an injury or illness. We gently open the joints of the body using props as needed.
A whole array of props such as blankets, mats, bolsters, straps, chairs and blocks could be used to modify poses as required. It is important to discuss any concerns with your teacher prior to class.
Restorative/Pranayama is a multilevel class focusing on supine poses and breathing techniques.
Pranayama is translated as breath control. In the Iyengar method this is approached with care when the students have some capacity for asana, the postures.
Starting Spring 2015 one day a week will be devoted to this work. The class will be on a different day each week. Please check the calendar for details.