Your Yoga Room in Royal Bay
Is a relaxed home studio, fully equipped for privates or classes up to 12 students. The studio is located on the Westshore of Victoria near the border of Metchosin and Colwood. Around the corner from the studio, the gravel pit that Emily Carr painted below is currently being transformed with a new high school, parks, trails and a new community of residential is blossoming. It is an exciting place to be. The community is growing and we are growing too. We have been a part of the community since 2005 and have found it be a wonderful place to work and play.
Studio Etiquette – we would appreciate if you could:
- Park on the opposite side of the street out of respect for the neighbours.
- Not wear anything scented to class, as some people may have allergies.
- Come with clean feet, this is more of an issue in the summer when we often go barefoot or wear sandals.
- Come a few minutes early to get your mat and props set.
- If you are running late, you are still welcome, if the class is in the midst of the centering when you arrive, please sit and center in the foyer and join us when that is complete.
- Shoes and water are left in the foyer.
- For your safety, keep the instructor informed of any concerns that could affect your yoga practice.
- For your comfort in class best to eat at least 2 hours prior to class and to wear layers.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own mat, though extras are available in a pinch. The studio has all the other necessary props.
- Come with an open Heart and Mind.
“ Search for the reality of each object, that is, its real and only beauty; recognize our relationship with all life; say to every animate and inanimate thing “brother”; be at one with all things, finding the divine in all; when one can do all this, maybe then one can paint. In the meantime one must go steadily on with open mind, courageously alert, waiting always for a lead, constantly watching, constantly praying, meditating much and not worrying.”
– “Hundreds and Thousands” in The Complete Writings of Emily Carr, p.675.
The Studio is located at 475 Royal Bay Drive. There is plenty of parking on the opposite side of the street from the house.
The Yoga Studio is just inside the front door.