We Practice Iyengar Yoga!
What happens in Iyengar Yoga Classes?
All our yoga classes are 90 minutes in length and no two classes are identical.
There is a theme each week. That theme and considering the level of the students will lead to a class that contains a combination of some or all of the following types of poses:
- Supine poses to develop Breath awareness and deep relaxation.
- Standing poses to increase mobility, strength and stamina
- Back extensions keep the spine youthful and lift our spirits.
- Forward bends and twists to increase health of spine and organic body
- Inverted poses for circulation and stress reduction
What is Iyengar Yoga?
Iyengar yoga is considered the most practiced form of yoga in the world.
It emphasizes tradition over trends – focusing on purity of pose and ongoing learning.
Iyengar can be practiced by everyone but is most
appreciated by those who value a disciplined and structured approach to yoga.
The drop down menu in this section “About Us” will provide you with more information about the teacher and the studio.