IS IYENGAR YOGA RIGHT FOR ME?
- Yoga works for almost anyone and any fitness level. From therapeutic to advanced postures, Iyengar yoga uses props to make all poses accessible to everyone. I did write some more thoughts specifically about Iyengar classes here at Westshore Yoga in a blog post.
- If you want to read more check it out. https://westshoreyoga.com/is-iyengar-yoga-right-for-you/
CAN I DO CLASSES ON LINE?
- Yes, all classes are available on line subject to class maximums sizes
- Family members can join you for online classes – see “classes and fees” menu
HOW ARE WE DEALING WITH COVID?
- We are following the BC health guidelines to the letter. We have a full list of in-studio protocols, see “the studio” tab for specifics
HOW MUCH DO YOGA CLASSES COST?
- There are a variety of choices and length of sessions including advanced classes and private sessions. See “classes and fees” tab
WHAT DOES A “CERTIFIED TEACHER” MEAN?
- It is an arduous process to become an Iyengar certified teacher. In the Iyengar method, many years of teaching and teacher training are required. Typically it can take 5 years of practice and study for first level of introductory teaching and more than 20 years would be required to have the knowledge to be a competent therapeutic teacher.
I’M NOT THAT YOUNG ANYMORE, WHAT LEVEL OF FITNESS/FLEXIBILITY DO I NEED TO DO IYENGAR YOGA?
- Classes are designed for all and the work in class can be adapted to any level of F/F. Age is not relevant.
WHAT ETIQUETTE IS EXPECTED? WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CLASSES?
- See our studio protocols under the “About Us” menu
WHAT PROPS DO I NEED?
- You will need a mat, 2 straps, 3 blankets. both in studio and at home for online classes.
- A chair, 2 wooden blocks and plastic stools are supplied in studio, if online you will find them helpful at home too.
CAN I DO A PRIVATE CLASS?
- Yes, private sessions are available and can be helpful to assess your needs. Call or email me to discuss – or check the “classes and fees” tab.
I HAVE A HEALTH CONCERN, CAN I STILL DO YOGA?
- Discuss details with teacher, identify all your issues. Iyengar yoga has a very strong therapeutic basis and typically a health challenge can be a great reason to add yoga to your management strategy.
WHAT CLASS SHOULD I TAKE?
- Class Descriptions are on the Class and fees page, if unsure Discuss with teacher.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
- Comfortable Layers
WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
- No refunds are given but you can do make up for missed classes and in some cases credit may be given.
WHAT IF I GET SICK?
- Please do not attend classes if you have any cold or flu symptoms. Make ups or online Classes available.
WHAT IF I MISS A CLASS?
- Make ups can be done within the same session online with no problems of space. For In-studio make-ups can be done as space permits.
WHAT ARE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS?
- Marilyn Shepherd – 778-350-0727
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 475 Royal Bay Drive