Is a relaxed home studio, fully equipped for privates or classes up to 10 students. Presently we are only having 4 people per class to follow social distancing guidelines.
The studio is located on the Westshore of Victoria near the border of Metchosin and Colwood, address is 475 Royal Bay Drive.
Around the corner from the studio, Royal Bay is currently being transformed with a new high school, parks, trails and a new community of residential is blossoming. It is an exciting place to be. The community is growing and we are growing too. We have been a part of the community since 2005 and have found it be a wonderful place to work and play.
Studio Etiquette – we would appreciate if you could:
- Park on the opposite side of the street out of respect for the neighbours.
- Not wear anything scented to class, as some people may have allergies.
- Come with clean feet, this is more of an issue in the summer when we often go barefoot or wear sandals.
- Come a few minutes early to get your mat and props set.
- If you are running late, you are still welcome, if the class is in the midst of the centering when you arrive, please sit and center in the foyer and join us when that is complete.
- Shoes and water are left in the foyer.
- For your safety, keep the instructor informed of any concerns that could affect your yoga practice.
- For your comfort in class best to eat at least 2 hours prior to class and to wear layers.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own mat, though extras are available in a pinch. The studio has all the other necessary props.
- Come with an open Heart and Mind.
New Studio Protocols 2020 — Kindness = giving people Space.
Please Stay Home Or take an Online class if:
- You or anyone in your bubble are experiencing any fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or stomach flu symptoms.
- You or anyone in your direct circle develops Covid-19. Please let me know if this is the case. Communication is Crucial. Let us care for each other.
- I or anyone close to me has shown any symptoms of any illness. I will cancel in studio classes and do online only.
Until Further Notice:
- Everyone must bring their own mat, strap and blankets or large towels. Only hard Studio props will be used in class. (metal chairs, plastic stools, etc)
- Please wear yoga attire and bring minimal extra clothes to the studio.
- Practice social distancing as you enter the studio. One person (or household) at a time will enter the foyer, organize shoes/keys etc. Please leave any water bottles in your bag/backpack in foyer.
- Place your mat in the areas indicated.
- We will not be moving around the studio during class. All props needed will be prepared prior to class.
- I will teach with only demos and verbal corrections. (no hands on corrections at this time)
- At the end of class, each student will leave the studio one at a time, put on shoes and leave the foyer before the next student leaves the studio.
- If you wish to visit with other students before and after class, please congregate outside and remember your safe distances.
Cleanliness is Key!
- Surfaces will be disinfected prior to class, including doorknobs, lights switches, metal chairs, plastic stools and the floor.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer to class. Use as often as you wish.
- Washroom open. Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Use a single use cotton towel for drying and to cover your hand as you exit without touching door handle. Place the used towel in the basket outside the washroom.